Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Happy New Years from 1933!!!


Seventy-five years ago, Americans were preparing for their first legal “wet” New Years Eve in over 13 years. The 21st Amendment allowed the legalization of liquor after the strange prohibition movement against the spirits. Although I wasn’t there….I am sure that they partied like it was 1999. This year, please be careful when out celebrating. Most of my peers are, like me, in their 40’s and have figured out how to have a good time without driving. But…remember that the young ones are out there. Recall our days in the 20’s and after the shivering stops….you might say a prayer that we made it and say another that all of us will make it this year too. A most happy New Year to all of you and my prayers are with each of you and your loved ones to have a wonderful and joyous 2009 - Alex

3 comments:

  1. To the best of my knowledge, I will be at most, walking to the fridge on New Year's Eve this year. But I live in a city where I usually try to mass transit to the destination, then cab home. Saves a little coin, and holiday's like New Year's and Halloween are actually fun time to be on public transit, because the public can be interesting. But late in the evening? Drop the coin on a cab if you can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seem hard to believe that we have been imbibing legally for only seventy-five years. Safe wishes to you also and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year Alex! Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete