Saturday, December 20, 2008

Sometimes a drink and a steak are the drug of 40+ folks





The wife was out of town. My gig fell through and the kids were already excited about the sleepover with their friends. I played Rockband 2 with their parents for a bit.....nailed Dixie Chick's "Sin Wagon" guitar part and said good-bye to my boys. Alone, I felt the need for a stress relief that didn't involve asking some dude on the corner for some illegal substances. As a 44 year old man...with needs....I pulled into a very nice steak place and ordered a very, very dry martini (i don't drink much anymore....not since the sailor days in Japan!) and watched ESPN at the bar. The martini went down really nice and I felt that warm glow at the bottom of my spine. I beat the crap out of their salad bar by eating at least 4 avocados (priced those beauties lately) and then ate a gorgeous 13oz NY Strip, medium rare, with steamed veggies and baked potato smothered in butter. I went with a water in place of the 2nd drink and walked out feeling like a human again. At this stressful time in our country.....I recommend trying this therapy for you and your loved ones. Oh....and don't forget the buttered mushrooms!

No comments:

Post a Comment