Sunday, January 4, 2009

What was YOUR science project in junior high school?


Back in 1979....at this time of year, I prepared for my science project. At the time, I was not so keen on science. I am much more keen on it now. Anyway, I was el Lameo and choose something about apples. I grew up on a 500 tree apple orchard and apple science was an easy choice. I had lame story boards and a lame theme. The ONLY saving grace was a huge basket of very polished red delicious apples that I give-away. I received a C on it and considering the time I spent on it....it's exactly what I deserved. So.....how about you? Can you remember back then....some of you won't have to back to 1979....maybe for you it's 1989 or 1999. I want the theme of your project, lameness quotient and grade. Aloha, Alex

4 comments:

  1. I had to create a "vehicle" that would move using a record, rubberband, and a few other misc parts my parents thought of (because who DOESN'T pawn off science projects on their parents?).

    While frustrating, it was interesting once I got it to work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that science class in seventh grade was so traumatic that I have completely blocked out any and all memories of it. I can tell you this..I definitely got a C. I was a straight C science student!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I grew up with an electrician father. My 7th grade science project was to build a battery. I used a jar, filled it with battery acid, attached it to a light bulb. blah blah blah.

    The battery acid factor made it cool, the fact that my dad did the whole project made it cooler, and I got an A.

    ReplyDelete