Friday, January 2, 2009

When should one take down the Christmas tree.....IF EVER?


I always get into a fight with the wife at this time of year. She always asks when are we going to take down the Christmas tree and I always say why? I think that the ornaments can come off Dec 26th......but the light that graces my living room....that mellow glow of little white lights on a tree inside my house is cool to me. Am I the only one who says we should keep it year-round? When our first child was born in 2002.....I skirted the issue and avoided her stares while she contended with delivering Payton in mid February. That year we kept the tree and just the white lights on until.....[gulp]....April. I loved having just the tree on while watching TV or reading. It was so neat having a darn tree in the house. But, marriage is all about choosing which battles to fight and which ones not to. So I am going to the garage this afternoon and bringing up all the boxes and put it away. But if I EVER win the lottery...I will have a room in my big house where the Christmas tree will be lit 12 months a year!

3 comments:

  1. My mother keeps the tree up all year. Soon she will be decorating it for Valentine's Day. Then Easter. Then patriotic for Memorial Day / The 4th. And she changes it up for Halloween / Thanksgiving. And maybe a random one in there, too. She uses a fairly thin tree, so i't not such a big deal, and a lot of the decorations are old postcards, etc.

    I have finally gotten a little outdoor space where people can see, so I hope to do red / white lights outside for Valentines, pastels for Easter, Red/White/Blue for Memorial / Easter. Granted, I might get lazy or get in a mood, so you never know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with YOU! I love the soft glow in the room, even if I'm just enjoying my morning cup of coffee!

    I just heard about those upside down trees for the first time the other night... not sure why I never noticed them before, but when I first looked at your picture I thought it was a christmas tree thong!! I swear!! LMAO!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And some small part of you said...."where can I order that thong?" didn't it!

    ReplyDelete